Out of State/International Students Resources
Breaks during the School Year
Q: If I am unable to go home over breaks, can I stay on campus?
St. John's residence halls close during the following breaks:
- Semester Break (between fall and spring semesters)
- Spring Break
- Easter Recess
Housing is not available during break periods unless a student has requested break housing by the announced deadline prior to each break period. Residential Life and Housing will notify students via email if their requests are approved.
Food Options during Breaks
Q: What dining options will be available during breaks?
The Refectory at Saint John's is open 365 days a year. Sexton Dining may be open for limited hours during breaks.
The Gorecki Dining Center at St. Ben's is open for limited hours during breaks
Q: If I don't want to eat at the dining halls, where else can I eat?
There are a lot of restaurants in St. Cloud, but we also have some great options locally in St. Joe and Avon.
- Bello Cucina - Local Italian restaurant
- Bo Diddley's - Local deli, made-to-order
- Brudie's Pizza (delivers to SJU campus)
- Cabin Cafe (Avon)
- Gary's Pizza (delivers to SJU campus)
- Kay's Kitchen - Local diner known for it's all day breakfast and Sunday Brunch
- Local Blend - The Local Blend is a local, organic coffee shop and eatery
- Taco John's
Q: Where you can buy groceries?
There are many options located in the St. Cloud area, but we have a few options in St. Joseph:
- Coborn's - local supermarket within walking distance of Saint Ben's
- Coborn Delivers - local grocery delivery
- MN Street Market - local food and art co-op
Q: Can I store my belongings on campus over the summer?
We do have limited on campus storage available, on a first come, first serve basis. On campus storage is free, but there are also storage units for rent available in St. Joe and St. Cloud.
International/Out of State Student Storage Rules
Note: This page requires a CSB/SJU username and password to access. If accessing from off-campus, it requires "ad\" before your username to access successfully.
Due to limited space, we cannot store the following items:
- Computers, printers
- Appliances (i.e. fridges)
- Electrical items
- Other large items
If you have these items to store please make arrangements with friends to store your items or rent a space from a local storage company:
If you are worried about where to store your fridge or microwave, please consider a microfridge rental from Bedloft.com
Local Transportation Options
Q: Are there local transportation options that I can access if I don't have car?
Yes, check out the local transportation options, they include:
- CSB/SJU Link Bus - cost is $1, runs to St. Cloud on Saturday and Sunday
- Executive Express - shuttle service to and from the airport
- Jefferson Lines - bus service to and from the Twin Cities once each weekend
- WE Car - pay an hourly or daily rate to rent a shared campus car
Local Banking Options
Q: What are my local banking options?
There are many banks and credit unions in the local area. Many of them will require a car or mobile banking for easy access. However, there is a branch of our local credit union located on campus:
- Collegeville Credit Union, located on the ground floor of Sexton Commons
There are ATM machines located on both campuses that can be used for cash withdrawals.
Local Hair Cuts
Q: Where can I get my haircut in the local area?
We have a barber shop, Southern Gentlemen's Barber Shop, located on campus in the basement of Mary Hall.
There are shops and major chains throughout the St. Cloud area.
Local Cellular Services
Q: What is the best cellular provider for on campus?
There is excellent cellular service here on campus. St. John's has a local tower on-campus providing service with all of the major providers. If you are looking for in-person customer service, there are many stores and authorized dealers for all major providers and many local providers located in St. Joseph and the St. Cloud area.
Have a question that we didn't answer here that would really help our out of state or international students?
Please let us know! - [email protected]