CSB/SJU Student Technology Resources
Information Technology Services (IT Services) is pleased to provide computing support for students of the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University. This information on this page summarizes the services available on the CSB/SJU campuses.
IT Services and Support
For information on the services and support available through IT Services, see Information Technology Services Overview.
- Every classroom and lab is wired, providing students and faculty with technology applications to enrich their educational experience.
- A wide array of academic and discipline-specific software is available in classroom and lab settings and available using Citrix from personally-owned computers on and off campus.
- Nearly all classrooms and selected laboratories are equipped with presentation technology to enhance learning.
- Wireless access is available in all classrooms.
- Many faculty use Canvas or Moodle learning management systems to post course resources online.
Virtually all resources and services of the CSB/SJU libraries are available online, via the campus network and Internet. Any networked PC can access these services, such as the library catalog, periodical indexes and on-line articles.
- The library catalog, course reserve listings, research databases, full-text journals and electronic books are all available online via the Internet.
- The CSB/SJU libraries deliver journal and magazine articles electronically that are obtained from other libraries via interlibrary loan. No fee is charged for interlibrary loan, except in some specific cases. Books from other libraries can be borrowed in this same manner, but must be returned when due.
- The library reference staff is available via e-mail, online chat, in person and by phone during posted reference hours.
Multi-Media Electronic Support Services
CSB/SJU provides opportunities for students to work with multimedia, such as video and audio.
- Media Services has video/audio studios that are available for student use.
- Scanners are available for student use in the Clemens and Quad labs.
- Most computers available for student use are equipped with DVD burners.
- There are digital media labs, located on each campus, that allow students to edit and create video in a class setting.
Managing your personal information
- All student administrative information such as registration, drop-adds, student billing, library services, viewing and printing unofficial transcripts, checking degree progress, online bookstore purchases, etc. are web-based and accessible from any location via the Internet.
- Dining services, the Bookstores and the libraries use an ID card for purchases and checkout. The same cards work for building access on both campuses.
- The CSB/SJU school catalog, including course descriptions, degree requirements, and academic policies, and the semester/term schedule of classes is available online at www.csbsju.edu/registrar.
- Financial Aid can be applied for online at http://www.csbsju.edu/FinancialAid/ApplyingForAid.htm.
Connecting with others
- Contact information for students, faculty and staff is accessible online from any computer on campus with an Internet connection.
- All student organizations and clubs have access to web space to post information online.
- CSB/SJU Career Services provides an array of helpful information available online at (www.csbsju.edu/career). Students can:
- Learn what CSB/SJU alums are doing by reading our Alum Profiles.
- Explore "What Can I do with a Major in...?" to gather ideas about future career options.
- Research various occupational areas to find out more about the job duties, education needed, salary, etc.
- Use the "How To..." section to learn about preparing resumes, interviewing techniques and other tips.
- Utilize E-link to browse/apply for internships/summer jobs/jobs.
- Check out the Calendar for upcoming career panels/events.
- View online workshops and podcasts (i.e. Career Spots) on a variety of topics related to creating a resume, researching graduate programs, setting up a job shadow, and more!
Read Career Buzz for helpful tips as you think about majors, future careers, internships, graduate school and more!