Planning for Study Abroad
Students have many options of where and how to go abroad with CSB+SJU. With proper planning, study abroad can help you prepare for your life and career in today’s global world. The process for selecting a study abroad program is similar to selecting your major or minor.
Explore your world:
- Explore why study abroad might be right for you.
- Understand more about the different program types.
- Attend the annual Study Abroad Fair.
- Visit the Experience Hub in Clemens Library (CSB).
- Attend a Study Abroad 101 or meet with a Hub Ambassador.
- Create your Traveler Profile on the CSBSJU-Global Portal to take the Program Match Quiz and explore all programs.
Narrow your search:
- Learn how you can fulfill academic requirements on study abroad.
- Meet with your faculty/academic advisor about fitting study abroad into your 4-year plan.
- Find out why other CSB+SJU students went abroad by connecting with Study Abroad Alums.
- Begin to plan financially for a global program. Investigate scholarship & financial aid possibilities.
Choose a program:
- Set personal, academic, and professional goals on what you hope to accomplish on your study abroad experience.
- Connect with CGE staff in the Hive and/or a faculty director to answer any remaining questions.
- Attend a Study Abroad 201 session to help you prepare your application and interview for a semester program.
- Apply online in the CSBSJU Global Portal.
- Be sure to review deadlines and selection criteria before you apply.
- Complete the interview process (required for semester programs; optional by program for short-term programs).