Admission Video Spotlight Volunteer
Primary Staff Contact: Carol Gadd-Marshall
Purpose of Position: The purpose of this position is to create a personal video message that can be shared with prospective students and their families. These videos may be used geographically and/or within an alum’s high school alma mater.
Responsibilities (all or some of these are options):
- Self-record a video message
- Key messages for an alum to deliver:
- Get at whole notion of value proposition, why the investment in money and time should be spent here. Non-matriculant survey this fall, indicated some reasons, for example, financial aid was not competitive, etc..
- Messages need to convey why we're different.
- Messages of value, of connection, quality of experience especially academic.
- Say something specific to their high school.
- Share appropriate personal experiences about your CSB and SJU experience
- Respond to prospective student or parent questions
- Prepare a short bio and written message to summarize the video content.
- Submit a report of volunteer activities with the admission department including time and mileage
- Must be an alumna of CSB or an alumnus of SJU
- Willingness to meet one on one with admitted students and/or their families
- Must have completed required CSB/SJU Admission training
- Follow directions for video creation and submission
- Understand key messages or talking points to cover in a spotlight video
- 30-60 minutes to prepare and shoot your own personal video message
- 15-30 minutes to submit your video
- 30 minutes once a year to provide an annual update if desired
- Positive connection to CSB and SJU
- Skill development in areas of mentoring, recruitment, and persuasion
- Networking with other CSB and SJU alums