Admission College Fair Assistant
Primary Staff Contact: Carol Gadd-Marshall
Purpose of Position: The purpose of this position is to represent CSB/SJU at local college fairs in partnership with Admission staff.
- Talk with prospective families about attending CSB/SJU
- Share personal experiences about your CSB and SJU experience
- Respond to prospective student or parent questions
- Distribute admission materials for students and families to take and return to the Admission Office any unused materials.
- Submit a report of volunteer activities with the admission department including time and mileage
- Must be an alumna of CSB or an alumnus of SJU
- Ability to speak appropriately and factually about the CSB/SJU experience for today’s students
- Knowledge of CSB and SJU admission process, academic offerings, student involvement activities, etc.
- Must have completed required CSB/SJU Admission training
- Be current with college and university statistics (At A Glance, Demographic Profile of both institutions, Institutional History, Coordinate details)
- Be generally familiar with the admission process (Application process and deadlines)
- General knowledge of Financial Aid (merit-based aid and need based aid, FAFSA)
- Maintain current awareness of frequently asked questions and supporting responses
- Be familiar with National Association of College Admission Counselors (NACAC)practices and procedures.
- Be familiar with “How to Do a College Fair” training module
- 1 hour prep work prior to the fair, reviewing college and university materials
- 1 ½ - 3 hours per college fair (this amount is variable by event)
- Travel to and from the college fair
- This is a one-year term and you will be asked to continue as a volunteer annually.
- Positive connection to CSB and SJU
- Skill development in areas of public speaking, recruitment, and persuasion
- Meeting the next generation of Bennies and Johnnies