Admission College Fair Assistant
Primary Staff Contact: Carol Gadd-Marshall
Purpose of Position: Represent CSB/SJU at local college fairs in partnership with admission staff.
- Talk with prospective families about attending CSB/SJU.
- Share personal experiences about your CSB/SJU experience.
- Respond to prospective student or parent questions.
- Distribute admission materials for students and families to take and return any unused materials.
- Submit a report of volunteer activities with the admission department including time and mileage.
- Must be an alumna of CSB or an alumnus of SJU
- Ability to speak appropriately and factually about the CSB/SJU experience for today’s students
- Knowledge of CSB/SJU admission process, academic offerings, student involvement activities, etc.
- Must have completed required CSB/SJU admission training
- Be current with college and university statistics (At A Glance, demographic profile of both institutions, institutional history, coordinate details)
- Be generally familiar with the admission process (application process and deadlines)
- General knowledge of financial aid (merit-based aid and need based aid, FAFSA)
- Maintain current awareness of frequently asked questions and supporting responses
- Be familiar with National Association of College Admission Counselors (NACAC) practices and procedures
- Be familiar with “How to Do a College Fair” training module
- 1 hour prep work prior to the fair, reviewing college and university materials
- 1 ½ - 3 hours per college fair (this amount is variable by event)
- Travel to and from the college fair
- Positive connection to CSB/SJU
- Skill development in areas of public speaking, recruitment, and persuasion
- Meeting the next generation of Bennies and Johnnies