Children's Ministry Coordinator
First Presbyterian Church 340, 5th Ave S St. Cloud, Minnesota 56301
This position is part of the Ministerial Residency Program. All students are eligible to apply for this position.
To Glorify God through the ministry to children of First Presbyterian Church. To that end:
- Plan, staff, and evaluate other all year and summer-only educational ministries for children, youth, and families;
- Empower and equip volunteers to assist in all programs related to children's ministry, including the assessment and planning of teacher and training needs;
- Build relationships with parents, students, and staff
The Children's Ministry Coordinator is responsible to the Children, Youth, and Family Committee and the Session through the supervision of the Pastor.
- Discern how God's Spirit is at work in the area of children's ministry at FPC;
- Research ideas and current trends for possible additions to children's ministry (including attendance at relevant training workshops in the area of children's ministry;
- Coordinate Sunday School program, Wee Worship, Kids Konnection, and the Vacation Bible School, and Cradle Roll and promote and encourage camp participation;
- Recruit Sunday School teachers and prepare curriculum resources as needed;
- Purchase supplies and curriculum resources to support and enhance children's ministry;
- Attend scheduled church staff and Children, Youth, and Family Committee meetings;
- Maintain children's attendance figures and convey the information to the Administrative Assistant;
- Assist Children, Youth, and Family elder and committee in preparing an annual report and budget request and subsequently monitoring the budget throughout the year;
- Maintain church school calendar in relation to master church calendar; and
- Provide leadership to volunteers in the program.
- Demonstrates effective organizational and communication skills
- Teaching experience in Christian Education in Reformed tradition desirable.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred with an education emphasis.
- Dedicated follower of Jesus Christ;
- Ability to work as a team player; and
- Good communication skills with children and adults.
- 10 months plus Vacation Bible School Approximately 15 hours per week, hours flexible as needed for the time of the year and seasonal demands.
- $14-16 per hour.
Submit the following documents to Rev. Darin Seaman at [email protected].
|First Presbyterian Church
Rev. Darin Seaman