Certificate in Spiritual Direction
COURSEWORK (Certificate Total: 22 credits)
1 credit can be taken on campus or online (pre-requisite to Dynamics of Spiritual Direction)
- Discernment in Prayer
9 credits may be completed online or on campus:
- Prayer (could be 3 one-credit courses)
9 credits must be completed on campus (summer or academic year)
- Dynamics of Spiritual Direction (3 weeks)
- Integrating Spiritual Direction (1 week)
3 credits can be completed at home with distance participation in the seminar
- Practicum - Spiritual Direction
Core theology courses should be taken concurrently with the spiritual direction courses.
PREQUISITES FOR ADMISSION
- Belong to a faith community and be at least 30 years of age.
- Be in spiritual direction for at least one year of monthly sessions
- Be ready to engage in on-going discernment of the charism for spiritual direction.
The tuition for the certificate program is the non-degree rate which is approximately one-third the cost for degree seeking students. Scholarships, ranging from 50% to 100% of the tuition are available to degree seeking students. The current tuition rates are posted on the website.
For questions, contact Becky Van Ness, Director of the Graduate Certificate in Spiritual Direction: [email protected];