Living-learning communities at Saint John's enhance educational engagement.
Students interested in the creation of another living-learning community should contact SJU Residential Life and Housing at [email protected]
Purpose: Promoting an awareness of and commitment to sustainable living
- Operate the Edelbrock Greenhouse to provide local, sustainable produce for the community.
- Residents live together as an Eco-House living-learning community.
- Residents take responsibility to educate the greater SJU community about issues of sustainability:
- Environmental - energy, water, transportation, food waste, recycling
- Economic - use of local economies
- Social justice - equal access
- Marmion and Yellow Tholl Houses: 11 members
- Juniors and Seniors
Application: EcoHouse Application
Living Benedictine Values
learning • prayer • work • recreation • community
Purpose: Promote awareness of Benedictine Values and demonstrate these in everyday life.
- Residents live together as a living-learning community.
- Residents take responsibility to educate the SJU community about living Benedictine values in everyday life.
- Participation in Benedictine Studies coursework/Course of the College.
- Varies by year. Contact [email protected] for details.
Students Eligible to Participate
- Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors
Application: Living Benedictine Values Application Form