Plumbing Shop

Constructed in 1919 and designed by Father Raphael Knapp, O.S.B., what is now the Plumbing Shop was originally used as a carriage house and garage. When the Saint John's Fire Department was established and made up entirely of monks, the facility served as the Fire House.

When fire trucks got too big to fit into the facility, the fire department got a new fire house and the building became home to the plumbers, the preventative maintenance technician, and the HVAC technician.

This property is listed in the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior.