Retreats provide space for faculty members and administrative staff to focus on their work, whether research or writing, course proposals or syllabi, reading journal articles or books, or working on grant proposals or tenure files. Retreats offer multiple days of unstructured working time in a beautiful setting, as well as the opportunity to get to know your colleagues over shared communal meals and informal conversations. The cost is free, and all are welcome!
- Sunday, October 9 - Tuesday, October 11: Episcopal House of Prayer, Collegeville, MN
- Tuesday, January 3 - Thursday, January 5: Green Lake Lutheran Ministries, Spicer, MN
- Tuesday, January 10 - Thursday, January 12: SJU @ Alcuin & Learning Commons (day only)
- Wednesday, May 17 - Friday, May 19: Green Lake Lutheran Ministries, Spicer, MN
- Monday, June 26 - Tuesday, June 27: SJU @ Alcuin & Learning Commons (day only)
- Tuesday, August 8 - Thursday, August 10: SJU @ Alcuin & Learning Commons (day only)
**Administrative staff need to send a letter of support from their supervisor to Karlyn Forner.**
What to Expect
- Are either overnight or multi-day on campus. All overnight retreats are open to day participants.
- Are flexible and can accommodate your needs. Reach out!
- Include communal meals with colleagues.
- Build relationships with colleagues that cross disciplines and departments.
- Include trails, lakes, and opportunities to be with nature.
- Offer chances to meet with Research and Grants Office staff about funding opportunities.
- Can be family friendly. We're open to afternoon canoe rides, evening cookouts, and more. Let us know what you need.
Overnight retreats include:
- Individual rooms and bathrooms, linens included.
- Private and communal writing spaces.
- Meals: Day 1--dinner; Day 2--breakfast, lunch, dinner; Day 3--breakfast, lunch. Snacks provided throughout the day.
- Walking trails and a lake.