Minnesota "Virtual" Woodland Owner Weekend
Join us for a virtual workshop designed for woodland owners and nature lovers in Minnesota. Watch all the pre-recorded sessions at your own convenience, complete with Q&A sessions with all presenters recorded via Zoom on Saturday, Oct 3, 2020. Register below to gain access to all the videos and resources.
- "Conservation of Minnesota's Big Woods" Lee Frelich, University of Minnesota
- "Nature's Best Hope" Doug Tallamy, University of Delaware
Registration includes access to pre-recorded presentations, virtual tours, and Q&A with keynote speakers and session presenters.
- $40 Registration
- Members of MFA, MNWWN, and Outdoor U get $5 off registration price
- No refunds.
This event has been approved for 7.0 Category 1 CFE credits through the Society of American Foresters and MN Forest Stewardship Plan Writers. Submissions to obtain credits must be received no later than Oct 10.
Recorded Q&A Session Schedule
- 7:30 a.m. Welcome and Introduction, Workshop Organizing Partners
- 8:15 a.m. Conservation of Minnesota's Big Woods, Lee Frelich, Keynote Speaker
- 9:00 a.m. Nature's Best Hope, Doug Tallamy, Keynote Speaker
- 9:45 a.m. Choosing the Best Trees to Plant, Eli Sagor
- 10:15 a.m. Highlights of Minnesota's Forest Products Industry, Kristen Bergstrand
- 10:45 a.m. Know Your Land for Management Decisions, Brian Huberty
- 11:15 a.m. Providing for Pollinators in Your Woodlands, Sarah Foltz Jordan and Karin Jokela
- 11:45 a.m. Encourage Native Species/Controlling Invasive Plants, Cheryl Culbreth
- 12:15 p.m. LUNCH
- 12:45 p.m. Financial Assistance Programs for MN Woodland Owners, Andy McGuire
- 1:15 p.m. Wild Edible Plants that Might be on Your Property, Randy Schindle
- 1:45 p.m. Herbicide Use to Control Unwanted Plants, Gary Wyatt
- 2:15 p.m. Managing Your Woods with Emerald Ash Borer, Matt Russell
- 2:45 p.m. Chronic Wasting Disease: Separating Fact from Fiction, Ryan Rothstein
- 3:15 p.m. MN WOW Trivia
- 4:00 p.m. Conference closes