- Ph.D., University of Minnesota, 2022
- M.N., University of Minnesota, 2012
- M.P.H., University of Minnesota, 1999
- B.S., The College of William and Mary, 1997
Areas of Expertise:
- End-of-life care
- Palliative care
- Chronic disease care in adults
- Long-term care in adults
- Pediatric home care
- Cancer epidemiology
- Public health preparedness in epidemiology
- Bayada Pediatric Home Care, New Brighton, MN
- Presbyterian Homes and Services, Roseville, MN
- La Crosse County Health Department, La Crosse, WI
- Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Council, Inc., La du Flambeau, WI
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
My current research interests involve end-of-life and palliative care, specifically the use of large data sets to determine characteristics of home-based end-of-life and palliative care and targeted areas of intervention.
- Shu, X.O., Moore, D.B., Cai, Q., Cheng, J., Wen, W., Pierce, L., Cai, H., Gao, Y.T., & Zheng, W. Association of cyclin D1 genotype with breast cancer risk and survival. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2005 Jan; 14(1): 91-7
- Gundrum, J.B., Mathiason, M.A., Moore, D.B., & Go, R.S. Primary testicular diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: a population-based study on the incidence, natural history, and survival comparsion with primary nodal counterpart before and after the introduction of Rituximad. J Clin Oncol 2009; 27(31): 5227-32.
- Ghobadzadeh, M., & Moore, D., Association between depressed mood and youth condom/contraceptive nonuse: a systematic review of literature. Issues Ment Heath Nurs 2018; 39(2): 102-116.
- Holland, D.E., Vanderboom, C.E., Dose, A.M., Moore, D., Robinson, K.V., Wild, E., Stiles, C., Ingram, C., Mandrekar, J., Borah, B., Taylor, E., Griffin, J.M. Death and Grieving for Family Caregivers of Loved Ones with Life-Limiting Illnesses in the Era of COVID-19: Considerations for Case Managers. Professional Case Management 2021; 26(2): 53-61.
Conference Oral Presentations:
- Moore, D.B., Lee, M., Tran, J., & Graewin, A.G.. Increasing breast and cervical cancer screening rates in the Hmong community in La Crosse County, Wisconsin., Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health U.S. California and Beyond Conference, Carson, California, 2011.
- Moore, D.B., Monsen, K., Austin, R., Pieczkiewicz D., O’Conner-Von, S. Characteristics and Service Utilization of Home Health Clients Receiving End-of-Life Care Interventions. International Conference on Home Healthcare, Hospice, and Information Technology, virtual, 2020.
Conference Poster Presentations:
- Moore, D.B., Hanson, B., Panzer, D., Matushek, D., Graewin, A., Breen, G., Mormann, D., Nelson, S., Moldenhauer, E., Rollins, C., Ferry, D., Hovell, C., & Will, L. Operating a mass influenza vaccination clinic using the Strategic National Stockpile five days after the vaccine shortage announcement: an epidemiologic analysis. Society for Epidemiologic Research, Toronto, ON, 2005.
- Moore, D.B., Zusevics, K., & Bliss, A.P. Street Outreach Tobacco Control for 18-24 Year Olds. National Conference on Tobacco or Health, Minneapolis, MN, 2007.
- Graewin, A.G., Moore, D.B., & Bliss, A.P. The challenges of tobacco cessation among binge and heavy drinkers. National Conference on Tobacco or Health, Phoenix, AZ, 2009.
- Moore, D.B., & Talley, K.M. Recruitment techniques for older women in urinary incontinence studies. American Gerontological Society Annual Scientific Meeting, Orlando, FL, 2015.
- Moore, D.B., Monsen, K., Austin, R., Pieczkiewicz D., O’Conner-Von, S. Characteristics and Service Utilization of Home Health Clients Receiving End-of-Life Care interventions. Midwest Nursing Research Society, virtual, 2021.
College of Saint Benedict
Saint John’s University
Dr. Julie Strelow
Chair, Nursing Department Undergraduate Program
CSB Main 441