Student Support Team
The Student Support Team at CSB/SJU provides support for students in distress and addresses concerns about student behavior, academic progress and personal issues, including mental health concerns. The team gathers information through personal contact with students, staff and faculty as well as family members who are concerned about an individual, group or organization in our community.
When to be concerned:
Community members are encouraged to report concerns about students who may pose a danger to themselves or others, who may be in distress, or whose behavior is disruptive to others within our community.
If you believe a student may pose an immediate threat to themselves or others, call:
- CSB Campus Security 320-363-5000
- SJU Life Safety 320-363-2144
To refer a student to the Student Support Team, please fill out this form:
This form is submitted to the Dean of Students offices for both campuses.
Reasons to refer a student to the Student Support:
- The student reamins distressed following attempts by you or others to be helpful
- The student becomes increasingly isolated, unkempt, irritable or disconnected
- The student's academic or social performance deteriorates
- The student's behavior reflects increased hopelessness or helplessness
- The student shows significant and marked changes in behavior or mood
- The student expresses thoughts of suicide or other acts of self-harm
- The student makes threats or displays aggression directed toward themselves or others
- The student demonstrates an inability to care for oneself