RA|CA Application Information
Attention! CSB Students: Apply and interview for an RA/CA position for the 2022-2023 academic school year!
Are you seeking a new leadership opportunity? Will you be on campus for Fall Semester or all year long? Do you want to create community in our residence halls/apartments? Looking for an on-campus position with great benefits and great teammates? EXCITING NEWS! The Residential Life & Housing Department has extended the deadline on RA/CA candidate applications!
RA/CAs are vital members of the Residential Life team, working with Area Coordinators and Residence Directors, maintenance and custodial staff, security, support staff and management staff to provide resources that serve our residents' needs. Most of all, RA/CAs are expected to be people who respect and care about the rights and dignity of all people, who challenge and support growth in themselves and others, and who strive to create a welcoming, positive learning environment for all residents.
The application can be found here: https://apps.csbsju.edu/csbreslife/raca/default.aspx
Students who meet the following criteria are asked to apply at this time:
- Currently enrolled student at CSB.
- Must have completed a minimum of two semesters of class work at CSB by Fall 2022. (Current First Years beginning their second semester in Spring 2022 are eligible.)
- Students planning to be enrolled at CSB either one or both semesters for the academic year 2022-2023.
- Community Advisors and Resident Assistants arrive up to two weeks early for fall semester training and opening of the apartments, and up to one week early for spring semester training. Active participation in these training sessions, as well as other
periodic training/enrichment opportunities is required.
- Community Advisors remain on campus through the last day of the semester/final exams (up to two days) to facilitate closing the residence halls.
- Must maintain a 2.5 minimum GPA during their employment.
- RA and CAs may not be employed by any other on-campus department.
- Strict compliance with institutional and departmental policies and local, federal, and state law is required.