GOOD FOR YOU OR NOT?
- Reduced fatigue
- Increased alertness
- Improved mood
- Improved performance, including quicker reaction time and better memory
- Feeling groggy and disoriented after waking up from a nap.
- Nighttime sleep problems
Keep these tips in mind:
- Keep naps short - under 30 minutes. Or, if you have a longer time to nap - 90 minutes gives you a full sleep cycle.
- Take naps in the afternoon before 4:00 p.m.
- Create a restful environment - quiet, dark place with a comfortable room temperature and few distractions.
- Give yourself time to wake up before resuming activities.
Napping isn't for everyone - not all people can sleep during the day or in places other than their own beds.