How to Find a Job
- View Available Positions
- All open positions are posted on the CSB/SJU Student Employment Jobs website at: https://apps.csbsju.edu/sejobs/.
- Select Spring 2015.
- Click on the job title to view a full job description.
- The jobs website is updated every weekday. You can sort by date to see which job postings are new.
- Apply for Positions
- Follow the link or directions at the bottom of the job description to apply. Most positions have an online application.
- Apply to more than just a couple of departments. Jobs are competitive and it is important for you to be proactive in your job search. Some departments may have as many as 25-30 applicants for one position.
- Check new job postings regularly, not just one time.
- Proofread your application before submitting; this is your first impression to supervisors.
- Keep track of which jobs you applied for and when - it will make it easier to follow up.
- Follow Up
- After you have applied to a position, follow up with the supervisor within one to two weeks to check the status of your application and to request an interview.
- Supervisors may complete telephone interviews with applicants who are not on campus.
- Tips for successful telephone interviews
- Accept Position
- Once a supervisor extends a job offer to you, let him/her know if you will accept or decline the job.
- After accepting a position, complete the online Notification of Hiring Form (NOH). You will need to know your supervisors email address to complete the NOH.
How many hours per week you can work:
- If your work award is $1650 you may work up to 5-6 hours per week for the entire academic year or 10-12 hours perw eek for one semester.
- If your work award is $3150 you may work up to 10-12 hours per week for the entire academic year.
If you have decided not to work:
- Please email the Student Employment Office and let us know.
If you did not receive a work award:
- You may have your name placed on the work waiting list. Email the Student Employment Office if you would like to have your name added to the work waiting list.
- Jobs generally open to the waiting list in late September or early October.