Acceptance to Major
Acceptance to a major is a process that takes place during the spring semester of sophomore year.
- A student must submit an Acceptance to Major Request Form for each major they intend to complete
- Once submitted the request reviewed by the department chair
- Outcomes of Acceptance to Major
- Accepted - officially accepted into the major program
- Accepted with conditions - acceptance into major program is pending the completion of indicated conditions
- Rejected at this time - you may reapply at a later date for reconsideration
- Failure to complete this process may result in a hold on your account for class registration
See also Academic Catalog: Acceptance to Major Study Field
Proposal for Individualizing a Traditional Major
See also Academic Catalog: Individualized Major
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What does accepted with conditions mean?
It is the student's responsibility to meet whatever conditions the department chair indicate by the date specified.
What do I do if my request for acceptance to a major is rejected?