SJU Residential Life and Housing
Welcome to Saint John's University Residential Life and Housing!
Residential living is an integral part of the Saint John's educational experience. We provide students with a home founded on Catholic, Benedictine values, where residents gain a better understanding of themselves as young men through their involvement in and strong commitment to community.
Through the support and personal attention of Faculty Residents, Resident Assistants, and the staff of the Office of Residential Life and Housing, we foster inclusiveness, mutual respect, personal responsibility, spiritual development, academic success, and good stewardship.
Questions about Living On-Campus Regarding Covid-19.
At SJU Residential Life and Housing, we understand the difficulty in keeping up with many nuances in information regarding the Covid-19 pandemic. For questions regarding living on-campus during the ongoing pandemic, please reach out via email at [email protected] or call our office at 320-363-3512; we are happy to help. If we cannot answer your question directly, then we will connect you with someone who can answer your question.
Learn about our residency requirement.
Saint John’s University is now accepting applications from students requesting a Qualified Exemption from the Residency Requirement for the 2022-2023 academic year. Qualified Exemptions are for individuals who meet one of the following criteria:
- Students who are over the age of 23 on the first day of the fall semester
- Students who are married or who have dependent children living with them.
- Students participating in credited internships, clinicals, or student teaching more than 30 miles from Saint John's University
- Students whose parents/legal guardians live within 20 miles driving and are planning to stay at home with their parents/legal guardians
- Students who are enrolled for less than 12 credits for the fall semester
- Military service veteran status
General Exemptions are for all students who wish to live off-campus and do not have a qualified criterion. The application and process for General Exemptions will occur with Fall Housing Selection in March-April 2022. More information will be released in January 2022.
Saint John’s University advises all students not to sign a lease for an off-campus rental property without receiving an official Exemption from the Residency Requirement. Committing to a lease agreement with an off-campus rental property is not grounds for nor merits an Exemption from the Residency Requirement.