What is SJU Dining Service doing to promote sustainability? Check out the links below to find out:
- Sustainability at Saint John's-- your guide to sustainable initiatives on campus. Check out the Local and Healthy Foods section to learn how SJU Dining Service is bringing you a more sustainable dining experience.
- Barthold Recycling-- SJU Dining Service has partnered with Barthold Recycling to bring all food waste to local pig farms.
- Plum Crazy Orchard, Stony Creek Dairy, St. Joseph Meat Market, Dutch Maid Bakery, Forest Mushrooms-- some of the locally- sourced products that you will see served in SJU dining rooms and on our catering menus. The Refectory also hosts Local Foods Days to showcase local, seasonal foods throughout the school year.
- Tork Napkins and Monogram Sustain-- SJU Dining Service uses only 100% recycled napkins in our dining rooms.
- Filta Environmental Kitchen-- SJU Dining Service has its used fryer oil converted to biodiesel
- MinnesotaGrown.com-- a great search engine for finding local products and services. Search by product, farm, and/ or location.