McGlynn Fitness Center
Opened in 1997, the 5,600 square foot McGlynn Fitness Center is equipped with upper body, lower body, and full core machines as well as cardiovascular machines such as treadmills, ellipticals, and bikes. The McGlynn Fitness Center is open to all students, alumni, and parishioners.
McGlynn Fitness Center (within the Warner Palaestra) (contact Justin Rost at 320-363-3105 or [email protected])
We are open for acadmic hours to SJU Students and CSB/SJU Faculty & Staff Only.
- SUNDAY-FRIDAY: 6AM-11PM
- SATURDAY: 6AM-10PM
FITNESS CENTER: SIGN UP FOR A TIME SLOT AND REVIEW EXPECTATIONS:
WHAT TO EXPECT FOR THE FITNESS CENTER:
FITNESS CENTER FALL SEMESTER
- SJU STUDENTS ONLY and CSB/SJU FACULTY-STAFF.
- Ellipticals and Bikes are located in the McNeely Spectrum. If using these items only, please don't sign up online. Just check in at Door 1. If using ellipticals/bikes and also using free weight equipment you still need to sign up via the fitness center signup web-page.
- Only 16 people are allowed in the fitness center at one time.
- All time slots are 55 minutes.
- You can only sign up for 1 time slot per day.
- Next week time slots will be available every Friday by 4pm.
- Separate time slots for SJU Varsity Student-Athletes and SJU Students. Winter Break is open to all.
- Please arrive on time. If you don’t arrive within 10mins after the start time, your time slot will be removed.
- You must enter through Door 1 and will be directed to check-in at the fitness center check-in table.
- You will be symptom screened (questions).
- You will be given a disinfectant spray bottle to wipe down your machine before and after each use. There are paper towels throughout the fitness center to use.
- No locker rooms will be available. Come dressed in athletic gear and clean shoes.
- Restrooms by Door 1 will be available.
- Bring your own water bottle (please make sure your name is on it or you can identify which water bottle is yours).
- At the end of your workout you will place your disinfectant spray bottle on the table and exit out the doors to the parking lot.
- FACE MASKS ARE REQUIRED with a modification if you are socially distanced (6 feet or more from another user) and performing an exercise you may pull down your masks to perform the exercise and then put the mask back on before moving around or if you are doing an exercise in a space that does not allow social distancing it must remain over nose and mouth of user!
- Please sign-up for all sessions ahead of time and remember to check your junk mail as Sign-up genius sends you a list of your sign-ups. You can also sign-in to your sign-up genius log-in and alter reservations if you are not able to fulfill them.
Thank you for your patience and we look forward to having you all back safely! If you have questions please email Justin Rost ([email protected]), Nicci ([email protected]) or ask the Fitness Center Staff.
NO PUBLIC MEMBERSHIPS AT THIS TIME (INCLUDING SPOUSES AND ALUMS): Memberships will begin again when it is safe to bring outside community member to campus. We will extend memberships for the number of months lost from when your membership was to expire. Membership prices click here.