Start your Search
There are many options of where and how to go abroad with CSB+SJU. With proper planning study abroad can help you prepare for life and career in today’s global world. The process for selecting a study abroad program is similar to selecting your major or minor.
Start Your Search:
- Formulate your argument for studying abroad: Why Study Abroad?
- Explore the Center for Global Education(CGE) website to explore program options on ways to engage globally while at CSB/SJU.
- Set goals on what you hope to accomplish on your study abroad experience. How do those goals best align with your academic & on-campus degree requirements along with your personal and professional goals at CSB/SJU?
- Attend a Study Abroad 101 session to explore all the study abroad program types offered by CSB/SJU, length (semester-long or short term), timing, housing, and finances.You may discover opportunities you didn't know existed or hadn't considered
- Create your profile in the CSBSJU-Global Portal to continue to engage in your study abroad search.
- Find out why other CSB/SJU students went abroad by connecting with student ambassadors.
- In consultation with your academic/faculty advisor, create a tentative “4-year” plan to determine the best time for a study abroad experience.
- Attend fall Study Abroad Fair to connect with CGE staff, program directors, and student ambassadors.
- Recognize how academic and personal choices and actions can impact your future, including CSB or SJU student conduct guidelines.
- Begin to plan financially for a global program. Investigate scholarship & financial aid possibilities.
Narrow your Search & Apply:
- Explore in-depth your #1 program and have a plan B.
- Following a Study Abroad 101 session/Explore Study Abroad Student meeting, individual appointments can be scheduled with CGE staff member in the HIVE or by emailing [email protected] to make the best choose for a study abroad experience.
- Attend a Study Abroad 201 session to help you prepare your application and interview for a semester program.
- Apply to Study Abroad (Deadlines vary by program type).
- Complete the interview process to be accepted to your program (required for Semester & Global Fellowships).