Performance Safety Guidelines @ CSB/SJU
It is with great gratitude and excitement that we welcome you back to the magic of LIVE performances this season!
We want to ensure that we experience and celebrate live performances in person with you all year.
All CSB/SJU Fine Arts Series and Theater and Music Department performances in our indoor performance venues (CSB Escher Auditorium, CSB Colman Theater, CSB Gorecki Family Theater, SJU Humphrey Theater, special Abbey Church fine arts events) are included.
Documentation will be required at the time of entry to the venue, with a ticket when applicable. Please arrive early to help us start the performance on time.
Proof of vaccination will be provided by showing one of the following:
- CSB/SJU Faculty, Staff, or Student: Campus ID
- Official vaccination card, or digital photo, with photo ID
- Printed negative test result, or digital photo, with photo ID
- Documentation on the Docket vaccination record app for MN, providing patrons with a “digital vaccination card,” with a photo ID
- Guests who are 12 and under can attend with a mask, and a test is not required.
Masks: CSB/SJU currently requires a mask that covers the nose and mouth for indoor performances (vaccinated and unvaccinated). If you arrive without a mask, masks will be available at the box office.
Performers and/or speakers may perform on stage without a mask, if:
- A) they can provide documentation that they are either fully vaccinated or have a negative test in the last 72 hours, AND
B) There are at least 12 feet between audience and performer/speaker on stage.
A full listing of guidelines for artists, speakers and performers can be found here.
Campus Vaccination: Students, faculty, and staff associated with our campus are vaccinated or regularly tested. Up-to-date vaccination rates for the campus community can be found here.
Guests for non-Fine Arts Series, Music or Theater Events are encouraged to be vaccinated, but it is not required to be at other events or to rent/use a space at CSB/SJU. Masks are required for off campus guests.
CSB/SJU Students: Always bring your campus ID for the easiest entry to performances.
Employee and Guest Responsibility: Please stay home if you are not feeling well, experiencing symptoms, or have been exposed to COVID-19. If this is a ticketed event, please contact the box office to transfer your tickets to another performance, donate your tickets, or request a refund. Contact us at 320-363-5777.
Ticketing: For ticketed events, we encourage you to purchase your tickets online before you arrive at www.csbsju.edu/wow, and to use our new digital ticket process. You can now choose to have your ticket available on your phone or you may print your own ticket at home to be scanned at the venue.
Concessions: Food and Beverages will not be available at this time for purchase at Fine Arts Series events. On campus dining is open and available. Guests may remove their mask while eating or drinking.
Ventilation/Air Quality: CSB/SJU Facilities have been proactive and continue to work with MDH and MNOSHA regarding ventilation.
- CSB/SJU Facilities has verified that our buildings meet regulatory requirements.
- SBH air handling units have been outfitted with MERV 11 filter media and BAC air handling units have been outfitted with MERV 8 filter media.
- Systems have been adjusted to utilize as much outside air as possible, and operationally adjusted to run for longer periods of time to effectively purge buildings daily of aerosols.
- At the Stephen B Humphrey, ventilation is updated with an ionization system that continuously cleans the air.
While these policies are intended to ensure everyone stays healthy and safe, they do not guarantee protection against COVID-19. These protocols will be reviewed regularly with consideration to public health and performance safety guidelines.
Visit CSB/SJU’s COVID-19 Website for extended campus information about our response to COVID-19 in our community. https://www.csbsju.edu/covid-19
- Schedule your free vaccination: https://vaccineconnector.mn.gov/en-US/
- Schedule a free COVID19 Test: https://mn.gov/covid19/get-tested/testing-locations/index.jsp
- Request a copy of your MN Vaccination Card: https://www.health.state.mn.us/people/immunize/miic/records.html
- Download the Docket app: https://docket.care/