Dear CSB/SJU Community:
COVID-19 continues to be active in our communities and across the state of Minnesota, but additionally we have seen a recent spike in influenza cases on campus. As a result, we want the campus community to commit to staying well and healthy these final weeks of the semester.
Please be diligent about masking at all times indoors, both to reduce the risk of spreading influenza and COVID-19. If sick, get tested for influenza and COVID-19. Testing resources include: CSB/SJU Health Services (320-363-5605), CentraCare (320-200-3200) and the MDH COVID-19 testing sites: https://mn.gov/covid19/get-tested/testing-locations/index.jsp. Please note, CSB/SJU Health Services is experiencing high demand for appointments and tests. It may take 2-3 days to be seen on campus.
When sick, please rest, drink fluids, and use over the counter medications for fever, cough and nasal congestion. You should be seen by a medical professional for a fever lasting longer than five days, dizziness, chest tightness or shortness of breath. If you have influenza, please stay out of class until fever free for 24 hours off of over the counter medications. If you have COVID-19, remain in isolation until it has been at least 10 days from the onset of symptoms, you are feeling better, and have been fever free for 24 hours off of over the counter medications.
Prior to winter break, CSB/SJU will be partnering with Ridgewood Lab Diagnostics to bring community testing events to campus. With many students, staff and faculty leaving campus and sharing time with family and friends at home, we want to offer testing so you can safely reunite.
In addition to testing, we encourage you to lay low before you go home for break. Avoid large gatherings, wear your mask indoors not only on campus, but off campus as well.
- Registration: https://testreg.site/ - Select “CSB/SJU (Multiple Locations)” under Facility drop down menu. Pre-registration is required.
- When: 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 14 at Alumnae Hall, CSB; or 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 15 at Guild Hall, SJU. Walk-in ANYTIME to be tested as they are not taking designated appointment times.
- Cost: Testing will be billed to your insurance. You will enter insurance information when scheduling via the link above. If no insurance, select “no insurance” and the CARES ACT will cover the cost of your test.
- Exemptions: Anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 90 days (positive test date of Sept. 15, 2021 to present) should not repeat test.
- Type of Test: COVID-19 PCR test via nasal swab. Results will be emailed or texted to you 48-72 hours after testing.
Please visit our COVID-19 website for a dashboard, list of FAQ’s and contact information for staff who can assist you.
Chair, CSB/SJU Pandemic Planning Committee