November 24: Student Message Regarding Testing
A message from Mary Geller and Mike Connolly:
Dear CSB/SJU Students,
This message pertains to all students who return to campus between Thanksgiving and Christmas for in-person class, student work, student presence on campus (meals, appointments, etc.) and/or will be residing on campus.
We are delighted that you have chosen to remain on campus through the remainder of the semester and grateful for the precautions that you will take in the next few weeks to keep our community healthy. Please read this message carefully to ensure you understand the community expectations.
Classes will be held remotely the first week back from Thanksgiving: Monday, November 30 through Friday, December 4. A testing event will be held on Wednesday, December 2, and people need to stay in place until we know the results of the tests.
To help mitigate spread of the Coronavirus, the Minnesota Department of Health has recommended mass testing of our campus community following the Thanksgiving holiday. This testing event is mandatory for students who have chosen to remain on campus after Thanksgiving. Testing will take place on Wednesday, December 2:
- CSB STUDENTS SHOULD TEST AT CSB. Testing will be in the Haehn Campus Center Field House from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm. Enter through the west fire exit doors of the field house.
- SJU STUDENTS SHOULD TEST AT SJU. Testing will be in Guild Hall from 10 am to 2 pm. Enter through the main doors.
This large-scale testing event is important for Saint Ben’s and Saint John’s community. With many students traveling over the Thanksgiving holiday, the risk of COVID-19 transmission in our community is elevated. To ensure we keep our COVID infection rate low, it is important to identify early any new COVID cases. In addition, testing and “laying low” for the remainder of the semester will ensure you are safe to return to your family at Winter Break.
You must get tested AND report your test results to the Student COVID team, or you will be asked to return home for the remainder of the semester. Your ID card access will be shut off, and you will not be able to access campus buildings. This is necessary for the health and safety of the community.
You are excluded from the testing requirement if you have tested positive for COVID-19 on or after Thursday, Sept. 3, 2020. If you have not reported your positive COVID test to the Student COVID team, please email a picture of your test result to [email protected]. If you are having new COVID-19 symptoms, you should consider being retested. You may also call the RN COVID line at 320-363-5370 to speak with a nurse about your symptoms.
To participate in the testing events at CSB or SJU:
- Please reserve a testing time here : https://www.csbsju.edu/forms/C2QVP029M2:
- Please arrive 5 minutes before testing time.
- Please be well hydrated prior to their testing time.
- DO NOT have anything to eat or drink (including water, mints, and gum) 30 minutes prior to the testing time. You need to refrain from eating or drinking for 30 minutes in order to produce enough saliva for the test.
- Please bring your student ID and smartphone or iPad to complete further registration upon arrival at the testing location. Use your CSB/SJU address when registering for testing.
Please note that you are expected to stay on campus from November 30-December 18. All current mitigation will stay in place. Students who do not abide by the restrictions will need to leave campus and complete the block online.