Dear CSB/SJU Students, Employees and Parents:
I am pleased to share that our positive case count has been trending downward. We thank you for all your efforts to support our community by promoting healthy behaviors. Your assistance has enabled our campus community to navigate this pandemic.
As we’ve shared in the past, the temporary masking requirement is intended as a mitigation effort to help us achieve our goal of an in-person experience this semester. As it stands right now, we are making the following changes to our temporary masking requirement:
Beginning February 20 through March 18
Masks are required:
- In classrooms.
- While attending or participating in our large performance venues (CSB Escher Auditorium, CSB Colman Theater, CSB Gorecki Family Theater, and SJU Humphrey Theater) and attending indoor athletics events.
- On buses, public transportation, and in counseling and health services facilities due to federal regulation.
- When directed to mask by a CSB/SJU COVID Coordinator following an exposure or COVID-positive test result.
Masks are strongly encouraged, but not required:
- In any other indoor spaces.
- Fully vaccinated and boosted presenters can choose to unmask during presentations if they are able to socially distance.
Beginning March 19
- Masks are optional for all individuals, except on buses, public transportation, and in counseling and health services facilities due to federal regulation.
- Indoor performance venues may require masks based on most current performance industry guidelines.
- Spectators at indoor athletic events may be required to mask based on the most current MIAC and/or NCAA guidelines.
- Faculty or staff can still choose to require masking in their individual classrooms or offices.
Please keep in mind that the situation around COVID-19 has been known to change rapidly. Our Pandemic Planning Committee will continue to meet regularly to review the situation and make adjustments if needed.
Chair, CSB/SJU Pandemic Planning Committee