Remote Opportunities & Resources
CSB/SJU Students - Your world has changed in ways you could have never imagined and we want you to know we are here to support you!
COVID-19 Job Market Remote Opportunities & Job Search Resources Student Support
- An Open Letter to Graduating Students
- COVID-19 Job Market Data – Who’s Freezing Hiring (live updating)
- Here’s Who’s Hiring Right Now
- Graduating in a Pandemic: Advice for the Anxious Post-College Job Search
Remote Opportunities & Job Search Resources:
- Handshake – students are encouraged to update their profile and make their profile visible to employers. Watch our tutorial video for how to search for remote opportunities.
- CSB/SJU Micro-Internships – short-term, paid, professional assignments typically ranging from 5 to 40 hours of work, lasting one week to one month. They are hosted by companies from Fortune 100 to emerging start-ups and go across departments including sales, marketing, technology, HR, and finance.
- Parker Dewey Micro-Internships - if you are launching your career, Parker Dewey provides a tremendous opportunity for you to complete a Micro-Internship. Not only can you explore different career paths and work on interesting assignments, but you can also demonstrate your abilities to potential employers while building your professional portfolio and network.
- Chegg Internships - gain experience and kickstart your career. Type "remote" for a keyword to find all remote opportunities.
- COVID-19 Resources for College Students - Free online courses on providing COVID-19 resources for college students, including CARES Act provisions, financial resources, virtual internship opportunities, healthcare and student loan information, and more.
- Remote Internship Opportunities handout
- Remote Job Search Resources handout
- Idealist.org – hundreds of remote job listings worldwide (just click on “Remote” under locations) with organizations that are committed to making a positive difference in the world.
- Virtual Student Federal Service Program - Become an e-Intern through the federal government by working on projects 10 hours a week from September through May. U.S. students can apply to their top three projects from July 1-31.
- How to Make a Good Impression in a Virtual Interview
- Networking is more important now than ever before! Use the Bennie/Johnnie network
- Learn ways to best utilize LinkedIn during this time through a recorded webinar
- Talk about your liberal arts education and the ways you demonstrate the skills employers want.
- Additional job/internship search resources can be found here.
- Students can schedule virtual appointments with an XPD Career Coach and meet with us on any of the following topics:
- Resume and Cover Letter Critiques
- Exploring Majors and Careers
- Graduate School Planning
- Interest, Personality, and Strengths Assessment
- Interviewing Skills/Practice Interviews
- Job and Internship Search Strategies
- Volunteering after Graduation
- Stay connected and informed by following us on Instagram, joining our CSB/SJU Career Connections group on LinkedIn, liking our Facebook page, and following us on YouTube.
- For additional questions and support, please reach out to us at [email protected] or (320) 363-5707.