Minnesota Private Colleges' Job & Internship Fair
February 21, 2019 ~ Minneapolis Convention Center
The Minnesota Private College Job & Internship Fair is geared toward sophomores and juniors seeking summer internships as well as current seniors seeking full time careers and employment upon graduation.
- Employers from over 200 organizations will be available to discuss potential internship and career opportunities within all academic disciplines.
- Organizations represent the human service, nonprofit, government sectors, and for-profit/business organizations.
Optionall transportation sponsored by CSB/SJU to both the Networking Reception and the Fair. Details will be provided at the Information Sessions - Must select option for transportation when you complete the on-line electronic Regisration Form.
Who can attend?
Any current sophomore, junior, or senior attending one of the 17 Minnesota Private Colleges. CSB/SJU students must attend an information meeting, register, pay the fair fee, and follow the requirements discussed at the mandatory Information Session.
What types of jobs and internships will I find?
Past examples include: counseling, mental health, social work, political activism, public outreach, management, sales and marketing, accounting and auditing, government, technical, administrative and professional, computer programming/systems analysis, consulting, human resources, and retail.
This list will be continuously updated through the date of the fair: http://www.mnpcfair.org/students/search/default.aspx
All students attending the job fair are invited to attend the special events that will take place during the fair: http://www.mnpcfair.org/students/special_events.aspx.
How to register for the Fair:
- Attend a Job and Internship Fair Information Session - sign up for Info Session on Handshake.
- Please note the last Information Session is scheduled for February 4th and the Registration Deadline is February 7th.
- You are encouraged to have your resume critique with a Career Coach - call CSB #320-363-5707/SJU #320-363-3236 for an appointment.
- Submit on-line electronic registration form which includes credit/debit card payment for registration.
- Upload a resume to the MNPC's Resume Center.
- Review Job Fair Preparation/Etiquette.
Maximize Your Efforts:
- Send a customized resume and cover letter indicating your interest in a particular position prior to the Fair (to those employers accepting correspondence).
- Upload your resume to the MNPC's site; employers can view resumes and arrange pre-select interviews with candidates. The MNPC resume site should not be confused with Handshake.
- Before/after the fair, you will want to have your resume uploaded in our on-line career tool, Handshake, as another method to link quality candidates with quality employers.
- Attend the Networking Reception the evening before the Fair, 6:20 pm - 8 pm, Feb. 20th at Padilla, 1101 West River Parkway, Minneapolis, MN.