Alum Career Network
Alum Career Network - CANE/BenniesConnect/JohnniesConnect
What is CANE & BenniesConnect/JohnniesConnect?
CANE (and BenniesConnect/JohnniesConnect for alums) is a network of CSB/SJU alums willing to share information with current students and alums about a variety of topics including major, career options, graduate school, and volunteer experiences. These alums may also be able to share information about internship/job opportunities at various companies/organizations. Set up an information interview or job shadow to learn more!
How can I access CANE?
The CANE database is available in the XPD Resource Centers (Clemens Library - CSB; Mary Hall - SJU) on each campus. You do not need an appointment to use CANE. Just stop in and ask a Career Assistant to help you get acquainted with the database.
How can alums access BenniesConnect/JohnniesConnect?
Alums can access similar information by utilizing the alum online community. Contact the Alumnae/Alumni Office for assistance and information.
What are the benefits of using CANE and the alum on-line community?
Talking with professionals in your field of interest allows you to:
- Gain valuable information about the career and how to effectively prepare for it.
- Gain valuable information about graduate schools/programs.
- Acquire information about employers/organizations which may be helpful in your internship/job search.
- Gather information that may be helpful as you consider relocation to another city/part of the country/world.
- View the myriad of occupations available to alums in each major.
- Email/call and ask if you can get together to talk with them about their career, major, etc.
- Avoid sending a list of questions and expecting the alum to respond. It's helpful to set up a time for an informational interview at their place of employment. Sometimes meeting for coffee or doing a phone appointment may be the most convenient due to geography and time constraints.
- Use the contact information to set up an informational interview or job shadow.