Community Kitchen seeks to integrate the campus and community to increase access to high quality and nutritious food through a multifaceted, innovative approach to alleviating food insecurity within Stearns county. Our meal-delivery program utilizes surplus food on campus and in the community as a catalyst for education, collaboration, and community action.
Community Kitchen envisions a mutually beneficial campus-community partnership that educates and empowers us to transform the current food system and mindset into one which comprehensively supports and nourishes our community.
- Community Engagement
- Community Living
- Dignity of Work
- Respect for Persons
- Distribute high-quality, nutritious food
- Increase wrap-around services such as financial literacy, sustainability, & nutrition education
- Bridge services to increase accessibility, especially in areas lacking transportation resources
- Reduce food waste on campus and in the community
- Advocate for local and national hunger relief programs
- Provide leadership and experiential opportunities for students
- Support sustainable and environmentally responsible programs and development