Referring Students To XPD
Faculty and staff are important sources of referrals; many students access both campuses are evaluated based on such personal referrals.
Walk-in Service is suggested for quick questions, initial resume and cover letter reviews, assistance with practice interviewing, and assistance with electronic career resources, such as Handshake. XPD can also assist with major selection, graduate school applications, career exploration, and seeking opportunities (summer, part-time, full-time positions, internships, fellowships, and volunteer opportunities). Walk in hours.
Students can make individual career coaching appointments with one of our staff.
Services and resources:
- Helping students identity interests, skills, and values and connecting those to major and career options.
- Offering the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), StrengthsQuest, and Strong Interest Inventory with detailed reports and follow-up analyses.
- Assisting students explore careers via numerous career programs (Career Exploration Series, Connections XPO, and more).
- Teaching resume writing, cover letter writing, interviewing, networking, portfolio, and career social media skills.
- Connecting students with resources related to experiential learning (fellowships, internships, service-learning, undergraduate research, volunteer experiences, etc.).
- Preparing students to conduct an effective job search and connecting students with employers (On-Campus Interviewing, Career Fairs).
- Advising students about the graduate/professional school process and linking them to resources for graduate/professional school.
- Assisting students with graduate/professional school materials including resumes, applications, and personal statements.
- Teaching students about the full-time service process and linking them to resources for full-time volunteer opportunities.
- Assisting students with full-time service materials including resumes, applications, essays, and statements.