Assessments and Transitions
Click on the resources below to explore and evaluate your interests, skills, values, and strengths in the world of work.
- Values Questionnaire - U of M, Morris
- Jung Typology Test - Description of personality type and preferences
- Personality Type - Find out your personality type and related careers
- Common careers for personality types
Are you in the process of changing careers? Here are some resources to help you prepare for that next career move.
General Career Exploration sites:
- O*NET Resource Center
- Minnesota State CAREERwise Education
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - United States Department of Labor
- The Riley Guide
Additional Job Search Resources:
- Avivo - Resources designed to help MN individuals and families who face complex barriers to success - poverty, homelessness, unemployment, chemical addiction or mental health concerns. Avivo helps more than 18,000 people each year receive recovery, employment, and economic advancement.
- Metro Area Job Support and Employment Networking Groups (MN) - Listings and information on Twin Cities metro-area job support, transition and networking groups, sponsored by a variety of government, nonprofit and private organizations.
- Minnesota Workforce Centers - Find Minnesota Workforce Centers and conduct a job search through the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development site.
- The Wall Street Journal on Careers - Find strategies, information on education, how-to guides, and job search strategies.