Undergraduate Research is pleased to seek faculty proposals for summer research microgrants for a Summer 2022 pilot.
We are excited about this opportunity as we believe it supports Undergraduate Research’s goals of increasing access to research and creative work opportunities for students in a way that best fits into their lives while still supporting their growth as scholars. Faculty from all disciplines are eligible and encouraged to apply by January 31, 2022. Submit your proposals here.
Details of the Microgrant
- Microgrant funding can be used May 1 – June 30, 2022
- Microgrant proposals can fund a student researcher from 2 – 10 hours per week; you may request to hire more than one student for a project.
- Microgrant funding does not include a student room & board stipend
- Student researchers are welcome to complete remote work if they reside in the state of Minnesota
- Please review the Call for Proposal for evaluation criteria
Students Interested in Microgrants
Students can expect that faculty will be promoting and hiring for these microgrant positions starting in early February, with hiring decisions made no later than March 15. Undergraduate Research always encourages students to seek out faculty mentors early to see what their summer research plans are and if there are opportunities to collaborate.