SHA Eligibility & Onboarding Requirements
SHA Applicants meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Be a full-time CSB/SJU student during 2021-2022 academic year
- Participating in a Pre-Health Program or long-term of goals of working in the health field.
- Nursing majors are not eligible for SHA as it conflicts with their program clinical requirements.
- Commit to a minimum of 12 hours/month in the Emergency Department
- While in the Emergency Department, must complete the minimum number of required research surveys per month (determined on a semesterly basis).
- Participate in all training and team meetings.
- Be a positive and professional ambassador for CSB/SJU.
If selected for the program, all SHAs must complete the following onboarding requirements:
- Complete CentraCare's volunteer screening process which includes:
- Attend SHA Orientation with program advisors and SHA leads during early Fall semester.
- Attend Emergency Trauma Center Training Session with CentraCare staff.
- Train with one of the SHA leads on how to conduct research and survey patients.