Summer Research Fellowship in Ethics
The Office of Undergraduate Research & Scholars is pleased to offer the Lindmark Summer Research Fellowship, a summer research experience for SJU students interested in exploring ethics in relation to business, entrepreneurship, or other professional settings. Proposal deadline to be considered for summer 2023 is February 15.
THROUGH THE FELLOWSHIP, LINDMARK FELLOWS WILL RECEIVE:
- Complete 10 weeks of paid research on a topic of their choice
- Leadership and professional development sessions
- Stipend for on-campus housing (on-campus living not required)
- Access to funds to present or publish your research
- Current SJU sophomores or juniors
- All majors welcome to apply
- Ability to commit to 10 weeks of research
- A well-developed research proposal with faculty mentor endorsement
- Please note that students are NOT required to live on campus – they can work remotely.
- Faculty Mentor who has agreed to mentor you over the summer
PROPOSALS WILL BE EVALUATED ON THE FOLLOWING:
- Quality of project description/proposalMust specifically address how you will explore the topic of ethics in relation to your field of choice
- Benefits of completing this research project to you as a student and as a professional
- Clarity and feasibility of timelinePlease provide a 10-week detailed timeline of how you will structure your work this summer
- Quality of plan for mentorship with a faculty member
OTHER GUIDELINES FOR YOUR PROPOSAL:
- Any project involving Human Participants must apply for IRB approval, and you must address this in your proposal. Note that these timelines take longer during the summer, and no full reviews occur during the summer.If the proposal requires a Full IRB review, the project must be IRB-approved by May 1.
- If the proposal requires Expedited or Exempt review, please account for the IRB review process taking approximately 2-3 weeks.
- No more than 1 project proposal will be considered per student