MISP Application Process
The Mayo Innovation Scholars Program is open to current CSB and SJU Juniors and Seniors only; in particular, those who meet a GPA requirement of 3.2 or above.
Preference are given to students from the following majors:
- Business related: Global Business, Economics, Communication, and Accounting/Finance
- Natural sciences: Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Computer Science, Math, Natural Science/Integrative Science, Nursing, Nutrition, and Physics
Call for applications takes place August - September, with selections made no later than the first week of October.
The following items should be submitted as one PDF attachment in the following order:
1. Cover letter/personal statement that explicitly addresses the questions:
- Why do you want to participate in the Mayo Innovation Scholars Program?
- What strengths will you bring to this experience?
- What other time commitments and travel do you have planned for November through March?
2. Your résumé
3. Copy of your transcript
4. Optional - Name of CSB/SJU Faculty Reference that can discuss your research ability, work ethic, and communication skills.
Please submit the above materials through the online application form by September 21, 2018.
For general questions about the program, students may also contact Lindsey Gutsch, MISP Campus Liaison for CSB/SJU Team, at [email protected].
For helpful tips on writing responses for the cover letter, résumé writing, and interview techniques, please visit the XPD website