Info & Resources
The mission of the Undergraduate Research and Creative Work Program at the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University is to provide our students with the opportunity to engage in intensive scholarship, research, or creative work within the students' chosen field of study. The goal of the program is to support student work in a manner which allows for the work to be presented in some form to a larger external audience (e.g., publication, exhibition, scholarly presentation, or public performance). The Undergraduate Research and Creative Work Program provides resources and support to both the students and their faculty mentors that will facilitate the students' scholarly and creative efforts. Mentorship must take place within a scholarly context throughout the entire execution of the research or creative work and be a formative process.
Who We Are:
Undergraduate Research is committed to being "research and creative work for all" by guaranteeing inclusive and accessible opportunities for any student. Driven by our Faculty Advisory Committee representing all disciplines, UR Program leadership executes holistic and high-impact programs and opportunities that include faculty mentorship, financial support, and professional growth.
How Can We Help?
- One-on-One Advising with UR Staff for support from everything from finding a research mentor to applying for competitive grants.
- Resources tailored toward Students and Faculty
- The UR Update, our monthly newsletter, provides a comprehensive look at the current happenings and opportunities in Undergraduate Research
- We offer professional development for students and faculty through our Workshops & Talks series. We also administer a professional development grant for STEM student researchers.
- Explore our numerous programs and funding sources available right here at CSBSJU; we also maintain a live list of external openings.