Bus Cancellation Due to Bad Weather or Road Conditions
Safety needs to be in the forefront of our minds and thoughts on a daily basis and especially so when weather and road conditions are less than ideal. Also, because we value our students, faculty, and staff, we recommend discretion when traveling in these conditions. We have identified our considerations, protocols, and procedures in this memorandum. Weather can be unpredictable and if we error, we intend to error on the side of safety.
Our leading indicators will be the weather warnings issued by the National Weather Service in St. Cloud and travel warnings issued by the State Patrol. Next, we will rely on the experience of our driving supervisors to determine that the conditions are becoming unsafe and to contact the Transportation Director to determine if, and when, we will discontinue busing service. As much advanced notice as possible (ideally 1-2 hours) will be given prior to shut down.
While classes are scheduled:
The Provost, Transportation Director (or his/her designee), CSB Security, and SJU Life Safety Departments will make the decision on whether or not driving conditions warrant a possible shut down. Shut downs before classes begin will be announced as soon as possible, preferably before 6:00 am.
On campus notification will be as follows:
CSB Security will:
- Send a mass email to all students, faculty and staff at both campuses regarding shut down and re-start.
- Send a mass voice mail (CSB).
- Post notices in all buildings and bus stops and inform staff/students in all classrooms, computer labs and library.
SJU Life Safety will:
- SJU Life Safety will broadcast this information on channel six emergency scrolls.
- Post notices in all buildings and bus stops and inform staff/students in all classrooms, computer labs, and library.
Other (media) notification:
CSB/SJU Transportation/Class cancellation information line:
- 363-4060 (Recorded message)
- WWJO (98.1)-St. Cloud
- KMXK (94.9)-St. Cloud
- KLZZ (103.7)-St. Cloud
- KCLD (104.7)-St. Cloud
- KZPK (98.9)-St. Cloud
- KCML (99.9)-St. Cloud
- KKSR (96.7)-Waite Park
- KSJR (90.1)-Collegeville
- KNSR (88.9)-Collegeville
- KJNB (CSB/SJU)
- KCFB (91.5)-St. Cloud
- WVAL (800)-Sauk Rapids
- WHMH (101.7)-Sauk Rapids
- KASM (1150)-Albany
- WCCO (830)-Minneapolis
- WJON (1240)-St. Cloud
- KNSI (1450)-St. Cloud
- KARE-TV (Channel 11), NBC
- KSTP-TV (Channel 5), ABC
- WCCO-TV (Channel 4), CBS
- KMSP-TV, (Channel 9), UPN
- Blue Screen (Channel 6), CSB/SJU
Please note: attending work or class is an individual decision.