Advisors & Staff
The Hive connects students, faculty, staff and services on campus to each other and creates a channel for communication across these areas in support of the student. The Hive is being implemented as part of and in support of the Academic Student Success Network at CSB and SJU. The Student Success Network is here to empower students to reach their academic, personal, and career potential through learning, reflection, and connection. CSB/SJU staff members are important members of the students connected network for success as they navigate their way from their first year at CSB/SJU to graduation.
Staff at CSB/SJU are able to support students via the Hive in the following ways:
- Notify others such as Academic Advising, Residential Life & Housing, tutoring resources and more of student who would benefit from connection with resources via referrals or raising an alert
- Utilize online scheduling tool to be accessible and available to students seeking support or resources
- Prepare for and document student meetings
- View and resolve Flags, High Fives and Referrals raised by faculty or other staff as designated by role and workflow in system
Written Guides and Directions
- Detailed Guide to Getting Started and Setting Up Profile
- Quick Guide to Profile, Office Hours and Surveys
- Creating Alerts
- Adding Comments and Clearing Flags
- Alert Details for Flags, Referrals, High Fives - Workflow and Communications
- Writing Notes in a Shared System
- Additional Help
- NEW! Setting Up a Zoom Location for Office Hours
- New! Message - How You Can Use The Hive for Remote Support of Students
- NEW! Hive User Tips - Sorting Your Student List, Adding Comments to Alerts and more
- Additional resources are being developed regarding Success Plans, Events, and how to creatively use Group Office Hours for event/program sign up - stay tuned!
- Updating You Profile, Appointment and Email Notifications in The Hive
- Setting up Office Hours
- Using the Hive to Prepare for Student Meetings
- Five Faculty Features in The Hive
- How to Respond to a Progress Survey
We will also be reaching out to set up many departments that have direct student contact in support roles to set up a "Service" or profile for your department in The Hive. This will allow students to search for and see the departments information in their success network. Details such as your location, office hours, phone number, staff members and in some cases the ability for the student to schedule with your office or members of your team will be part of your service profile. We have developed a few documents to assist us in creating your service profile and to review if additional appointment types or speednotes need to be put in place which may be beneficial to your team.
Still have questions?
Check the Frequently Asked Questions for The Hive
Attend a training session for in person assistance - Spring 2020 Training Schedule