Forms for Students

As a student employee you will need to complete employment forms. This page includes information about both required and optional employment forms and where to submit completed forms.

Required Employment Forms

The following linked forms are required from all student employees before they can be paid.

Notification of Hiring Form (NOH)
The NOH is an online form that notifies the Student Employment Office of where you plan to work. Your job will not be set up until you complete an NOH, and the NOH is approved by your supervisor.

Student Employment Contract
The contract includes information about what is expected of you as a student employee at CSB/SJU.

I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form
The I-9 is a verification of your identity and employment eligibility.

To complete the I-9 you will need to bring supporting documents to the Student Employment Office, and they must be original documents (no photocopies).

Most students bring:

  • photo I.D. (i.e. driver's license, passport)
  • document that proves you are eligible to work in the U.S. (i.e. social security card, birth certificate, passport)
  • The last page of the I-9 provides a complete list of acceptable documents;

The I-9 must be completed in person at the Student Employment Office no later than the first day of employment.

Direct Deposit Form
The direct deposit form gives the Student Employment Office information about where you would like to have your earnings deposited.

W-4 Tax Withholding Form
The W-4 determines the amount of taxes that will be withheld from your paycheck.

Optional Employment Forms:

The following linked forms are optional and/or only pertain to certain student employees.

Billing Account Payroll Deduction Form
If you would like any of your earnings to be deposited in your CSB/SJU billing account (tuition account) you will need to complete this form.

Electronic W-2 Consent
Please complete this form to receive your W-2 electronically.

Benefits of receiving your W-2 electronically:

  • Convenient - Access your W-2 when you need it for filing taxes.
  • Secure - Use your username and password to access your W-2.
  • Faster - No need to wait for your W-2 to be mailed via U.S. mail.
  • Greener - Waste less paper

Minnesota W-4 Tax Withholding Form
The Minnesota W-4 needs to be completed if you:

  • claimed exempt on federal withholding or want to claim exempt from Minnesota witholding
  • want to claim a different number of Minnesota withholding allowances than federal allowances
  • want additional Minnesota withholding deducted from your pay each pay period
  • want to claim more than 10 Minnesota withholding allowances

How to Submit Employment Forms:

You can turn in completed employment forms in any of the following ways:

Bring to Student Employment/Financial Aid Office on either campus

Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday


  • CSB office is located in Shoenecker 167
  • SJU Office is located in Quad 154

Mail to Student Employment/Financial Aid Office on either campus

CSB mailing address is:
37 S. College Ave
St. Joseph, MN 56374

SJU mailing address is:
PO Box 5000
Collegeville, MN 56321

Remember that the Student Employment Office will need to see supporting documents to complete the I-9.

Scan and email completed forms to [email protected]

To complete the I-9,  you will still need to bring supporting documents to the Student Employment Office.