Saint John's School of Theology and Seminary, in collaboration with the CSB/SJU Department of Theology, invites graduate and undergraduate students who are studying theology to apply for a two-week paid position as a counselor at the Youth in Theology and Ministry Summer Institute June 13-27, 2015. Counselors will gain ministry skills in leadership, supervision, evangelization, small group facilitation, service-learning, and worship skills. The position is designed to help theology majors and minors and graduate theology students discern their call to youth ministry. Interviews will take place the first week of February and positions will be offered by the end of February.
Job Title: Youth in Theology and Ministry (YTM) Counselor
Department/Agency: School of Theology and Seminary: YTM Program
Length of Position: March - June 2015
An applicant should seek to:
- An undergraduate theology major or minor or a graduate student with an interest in youth ministry or pastoral ministry. The position is also open to undergraduate students without a theology major or minor, but strongly interested in youth ministry or discerning a call to youth ministry.
- A student at the College of Saint Benedict or Saint John's University.
- Leadership experience in youth ministry.
- Ability to enjoy mentoring high school youth while enforcing rules.
- A completed criminal background check.
Required Work Dates:
- March 12, 2015; 4:30-6:30pm
- March 20-21, 2015; start 4pm on Friday, end evening Saturday (staff training retreat)
- April 9, 2015; 4:30-6:30pm
- April 23, 2015; 4:30-6:30pm
- May 4, 2015; 9-11am
- June 13-27, 2015 (Summer Institute)
Location: Saint John's University
Supervisor: Dr. Jeffrey Kaster, Director of Youth in Theology and Ministry