Volunteer Corps Scholarship
Introduction: Saint John's believes that individuals who have experienced community in a volunteer corps will be excellent candidates to engage in theological studies in the School of Theology and Seminary. Rooted in the Benedictine tradition, the mission of the school fosters study and prayer in a community of learners.
Application: Please provide a personal statement of approximately one page in length. The document should include the following information. (Email the attachment to [email protected].)
- List your name, email address, name of the Volunteer Corps, major sought, and the term you plan to enroll.
- Describe the charisma of the volunteer program you participated in, your experience in that corp and how graduate studies at Saint John's can build on and broaden this experience.
- Address the need for financial assistance.
Criteria for Award Distribution:
1. Applicants must be accepted into a master's degree and registered as a full time student for the academic terms.
2. Selection of award recipients will be determined based on the merits of the admissions file as well as the strength of the application for the scholarship.
3. Award recipients will receive a scholarship that will reduce the cost of tuition by 50% for the academic terms.