Professor of Theology
B.A., Saint Charles Seminary
Office: Luke Hall 204
Areas of Teaching and Research
- Worship in the First Five Centuries
- History and Theology of Rites of Initiation
- Liturgical Year
- Worship in American Christianity
- “On Liturgy and Lectionary: The Word of Life in the Body of Christ,” Liturgy 29.4 (2014): 33-37.
- “The Date of Easter and Shakespeare’s ‘Progress of the Stars’,” Worship 87.2 (2013): 130-148.
- “Clothing the Body of Christ in the Letters of Paul: An Inquiry,” Worship 85.2 (2011): 128-146.
- Hear the Word of the Lord: The Lectionary in Catholic Ritual (Chicago: LTP, 2016).
- Church and Worship in Fifth-Century Rome: The Letter of Innocent I to Decentius of Gubbio (Gorgias Liturgical Studies, 2010).
- Eternity Today: On the Liturgical Year, Volume 1: On God and Time, Advent, Christmas, Epiphany, Candlemas (New York/London: Continuum, 2006).