Professor Emeritus of Theology
B.A., Saint John's University, 1974
M.A.R., Yale Divinity School, 1976
M.Phil., Yale University, 1989
Ph.D., Yale University, 1989
Office: Luke Hall 210
Phone Number: 320-363-3182
Email: [email protected]
Areas of Teaching and Research
- Systematic Theology
- Søren Kierkegaard, 19th and 20th Century theology, Community
Full List of Publications Here
- “God, Power, & Control: Being Christian in a Secular Age,” Westminster Presbyterian, Minneapolis, Oct. 1, 2017.
- “God, Power, & Leadership,” Alumni College, Saint John’s University, June 23, 2017.
- “Power, Control, & Pluralism: Being Church in a Secular Age,” Theology Day, Collegeville; Feb. 3 & 24, 2017; Scottsdale, AZ, Feb. 10; Minneapolis, Mar. 30; Maple Grove, MN, May 11.
- Kierkegaard’s Concept of Revelation, Stephen Emmanuel (Albany: State Univ. of New York Press, 1996) Religious Studies Review, 23/2 (April, 1997):153.
- Salt, Leaven and Light: The Community called Church, T. Howland Sanks (New York: Crossroads, 1992) Worship, 71/1 (Jan., 1997):79-83.
- Professing the Faith: Christian Theology in a North American Context, Douglas John Hall (Minneapolis: Fortress, 1993) in Pro Ecclesia, 5/3 (Summer, 1996): 367-70.
- Resource Consulting Team, In Trust
- Advisory Comm., ATS Educational Models and Practices Project
- Board of Directors and Treasurer, Society for the Arts in Religious and Theological Studies,
- Board of Directors, Collegeville Institute for Ecumenical and Cultural Research
- Board of Trustees, Mount Mary College
- American Academy of Religion; Søren Kierkegaard Society; Catholic Theological Society of America; Society for Arts in Religious and Theological Studies
- Previous: Board of Directors, Louisville Institute; Commission on Accrediting of the Asso. of Theological Schools