Adjunct Instructor of Theology
Director, Graduate Certificate in Spiritual Direction
B.A., History, Carelton College, 1973
M.A.T., History & Education, Northwestern University, 1976
M.S., Mathematics & Education, St. Cloud State University, 1989
M.A., Christian Spirituality, Creighton University, 2008 with Graduate Certificate in Spiritual Direction
Office: Luke Hall 205
Phone Number: 320-363-3559
Email: [email protected]
Areas of Teaching and Research
- Becky is interested in making connections between psychology and spirituality.
- Becky has studied and researched the topic of discernment, especially what is often termed the “discernment of spirits,” from an interdisciplinary perspective.
- Her study has included the theological foundation for discernment, the history of discernment as a Christian practice and the contributions made by modern psychology.
- Becky is an oblate of Saint Benedict’s Monastery, St. Joseph, Minnesota. She taught high school for many years, completed the Internship in spiritual direction at Saint Benedict’s Spirituality Center, went on to earn a Master’s degree in Christian Spirituality at Creighton University with a certificate in spiritual direction, and since June 2013 is the director of Graduate Certificate in Spiritual Direction at Saint John’s School of Theology. She participates in Monastic Interreligious Dialogue (MID) between Buddhists and Benedictines. She presented at the Gethsemani IV encounter held in Kentucky, May 2015.
Full List of Publications Here
- “Listening Others into Vocational Discernment”, at Benedictine Vocation Directors (Fall 2017).
- “A Benedictine Approach to Spirituality: Wisdom Deepened by Interfaith Dialogue”, at Theology Day, Saint John’s School of Theology (Spring 2016).
- “The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and Prayer Styles”, at Campus Ministry, Saint John’s University (Fall 2015), and at the Sophia Program, Saint Benedict’s Monastery (Spring 2016).
- “Buddhist wisdom for Christian spiritual directors.” Presence: An International Journal of Spiritual Direction Vol. 22, No. 4 (December 2016).