Nickolas Becker, OSB
Assistant Professor of Theology
B.A., University of Notre Dame
Office: Luke 211, SJU
Areas of Teaching and Research
- Fundamental Moral Theology
- Virtue Ethics
- A Benedictine monk of Saint John’s Abbey in Collegeville, Minnesota, Fr. Nickolas Becker is assistant professor of theology and teaches in both the undergraduate theology department of the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John’s University as well as the graduate School of Theology and Seminary. He earned a license and doctorate in Sacred Theology from Rome’s Alphonsian Academy, a school of the Pontifical Lateran University. Currently, he is working on pieces on conscience and virtue in the thought of John Henry Newman, as well as the moral theology of Dorothy Day.
- “Waiting for Saint Benedict: A Comparative Analysis of Newman and Hauerwas on Virtue Ethics”.
- Annual Fall Conference, Center for Ethics and Culture, University of Notre Dame, “Conscience and Virtue in the Thought of John Henry Newman,” 10 November 2017.
- Society of Christian Ethics