This position is part of the Ministerial Residency Program. All students are eligible to apply for this position.
Employment in and by the Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals, or laws of the Church. It is expected that all employees respect Roman Catholic doctrine and religious practices. Reasonable accommodation for the religious practice of employees not of the Roman Catholic faith will be similarly provided.
Margaret Kelly, Director of Religious Education
· Develop and execute program for and supervise Wednesday evening youth group.
· Coordinate the outreach to and evangelization of all youth, and foster their involvement in parish life and ministry.
· Coordinate the "Night of WOH" (a sleep out) and Living Stations.
· Be present during high school events including social, service and catechetical gatherings.
· Coordinate service opportunities for youth grades 6-12, including a summer mission trip.
· Recruit, train, supervise, and provide support for youth ministry volunteers (adults and youth).
· Provide spiritual, pastoral, faith formation and leadership opportunities for senior high youth.
· Serve as a staff representative on the Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) and attend regular meetings.
· Work with your supervisor in preparing the annual budget.
· Attend regular staff and unit meetings
. Participate in staff functions and duties.
· Perform other tasks and responsibilities as designated by supervisor
Specifications and Qualifications
· Ability to relate well to both youth and adults with an understanding of youth and young adult development
· Willing to witness healthy and mature Catholic faith and boundaries
· Skills of pastoral listening and confidentiality
· Skills to organize, teach and supervise youth catechesis
· Ongoing formation through classes, retreats and spiritual direction
· Competence in digital communication and computer skills
· Organizational skills.
· Willing to work in a coordinated and collaborative effort with the youth, parents and staff.
· Bachelor's Degree, preferably in theology, education or a related field.
The position is 10- 15 hours a week for 9-10 months.
Salary is $20.00/hour, plus mileage
Please fill out the application form, and send a resume and cover letter to: Margaret Kelly, DRE; [email protected] and to Bailey Walter, Ministerial Residency Program Coordinator at [email protected]