Faith Formation Coordinator
Church of St. Martin 119 Main St, St. Martin, MN 56303
This position is part of the Ministerial Residency Program. All students are eligible to apply for this position.
- The Faith Formation Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the entire faith formation program for children, from first grade through high school, including sacramental preparation. They are responsible to the pastor and work in collaboration with the Harvest of Hope Catholic Community Pastoral Associate to assure life giving faith formation.
- Recruits and oversees the training of all catechists, aides, and volunteers.
- Conducts and records Safe Environment training with all volunteers and catechists.
- Selects the curriculum and orders all textbooks, materials, and resources in consultation with the Pastor and Office Manager.
- Coordinates the annual calendar for Faith Formation and events related to it.
- Promotes the faith formation opportunities throughout the parish.
- Distributes necessary information through electronic communication, ACC bulletin, and ACC homepage.
- Oversees annual registration and payment of fees.
- Communicates regularly with parents about the faith needs of their children and opportunities in the parish.
- Promotes a connection to liturgy for children in the parish.
- Serves as liaison to the Children’s Liturgy of the Word
- Encourages involvement in singing, serving, lecturing, and other ministries at mass.
- Coordinates the celebrations of First Reconciliation, First Communion, and Confirmation with the pastor and other parish and ACC leaders.
- Works with the parish office manager in using budgeted resources toward the immediate needs and long-term improvement of the program.
- Serves as an advocate for the needs of children and youth to the parish pastoral council, finance council, and the pastor.
- Collaborates with ACC staff, especially faith formation coordinators, by attending staff meetings and other relevant gatherings when available.
- Is attentive to the need for personal, ongoing formation.
- Participates in diocesan director meetings when available
- Attends the Diocesan Ministry Day, held every other year
- Searches out other opportunities for personal enrichment and professional training.
- The director should be actively involved in the parish community and relay a positive impression of the value of faith and faith practices.
- The position involves roughly 10 hours/week, with the need to be flexible, as the position involves busier and lighter weeks by nature. The person needs to be available for Wednesday night faith formation classes and on weekends as needed.
- The position is salaried at $12,000-$15,000
Church of St. Martin