Scholarships and Financial Aid


of degree-seeking students receive some level of tuition aid

Saint John's School of Theology and Seminary is committed to helping students afford a high quality theological education. Because of this, all students are offered some level of financial support. This financial support is available to students in the form of scholarships, graduate assistantships, student federal loans, and student employment.


  • Tuition Scholarships
  • Alum Referral Scholarships
  • MDiv Scholarships
  • Faith and the Common Good Scholarship
  • Online Program for Volunteers
  • Religious Cohort Program
  • Youth in Theology & Ministry Cohort
  • Monastic and Deacon Candidates

Ministerial Residency Positions

All full time or part time students are eligible to participate in the ministerial residency program. These opportunities, which take place outside the School of Theology and Seminary, allow students to gain ministry experience while taking courses and give them a space to learn and grow in a real-world setting. Ministerial Residency positions can also be field education placements to meet degree requirements. They are paid positions, which can help relieve the economic stresses on students.

Graduate Assistantships

There are three purposes for a graduate assistantship: a) to provide students with an opportunity for ministerial or other skill development, while completing a degree in graduate theological study; b) to provide opportunities for discernment of vocational interest and competence; and c) to provide students with experience to foster full time employment upon graduation. The positions, which take place at the School of Theology and Seminary, range from 15 to 20 hours per week.

Student Employment

Part-time jobs are available on campus for our students.  Wages may be used to pay for tuition, room and board costs or for personal expenses. Positions range from 10-12 hours per week. For position descriptions, contact the website or the Student Employment office for questions involving student employment. Phone: 320-363-2186.

Federal Financial Aid

Student loans are available to degree-seeking students who are enrolled at least half-time. Students must file the "Free Application for Federal Student Aid" (FAFSA) to be considered for loans. The FAFSA can be filed online at or contact the Office of Financial Aid, Phone: 320-363-3664.