MDIV Full Tuition Scholarships
As part of its commitment to the vocation of Lay Ecclesial Ministry and the theological and professional education of men and women for this ministry, Saint John's School of Theology and Seminary is offering five full tuition scholarships per year for Master of Divinity students preparing to serve as lay ecclesial ministers. In partnership with the USCCB and 40 other national ministry organizations, Saint John's has hosted two National Symposia on Lay Ecclesial Ministry.
Application: Provide the following information in two to four pages.
- Title the document: Application for Master of Divinity Full Tuition Scholarship.
- List your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, intended degree, and first enrollment term.
- Demonstrate how you will achieve the goals of the scholarship: Specifically, a statement of purpose indicating the intent to pursue a vocation as a lay ecclesial minister.
- Demonstrate your ability to achieve the goals set forth in the statement of purpose. This can be by prior academic study, professional work, volunteer service as well as current volunteer services, field education, and academic projects.
- Incorporate how the resources at Saint John's can be incorporated into your program of study.
- Describe financial need.
- Email the document as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Criteria for Award Distribution:
- Applicants must be accepted into a master's degree program.
- Selection of award recipients is based on the strength of the application.
- Award recipients receive a financial package valued at $15,000 per year at the current tuition rates. The funding is for academic terms only. Scholarships for the summer sessions are awarded separately.
- Award packages can be renewed for up to three years pending satisfactory progress toward completion of the degree requirements and enrollment in consecutive academic terms of full time study.
Graduate Admissions: Mary Beth Banken, email@example.com, 320-363-2896