Campus Ministry (SJU) Graduate Assistantships
Introduction: Two graduate assistantships are available in Campus Ministry at Saint John's University in conjunction with the School of Theology and Seminary. Assistantships provide opportunities for students to be immersed in the work of campus ministry. Graduate Assistants are integral members of the Campus Ministry team, collaborating with the Director of Campus Ministry to oversee ministry within a particular area of responsibility: liturgy, music, formation and retreats, and social outreach.
Application: Provide the following information in two to three pages.
- Title the document: Application for Graduate Assistantship in Campus Ministry, Saint John's University. Indicate the Campus Ministry area(s) of responsibility.
- List your name, address, telephone number, email address, intended degree, the term you plan to enroll.
- List three experiences or qualities that you bring to this position and describe how you have used these in ministry or related areas.
- Request one letter of recommendation from your current or a recent supervisor of a ministry position.
- Describe how you wish to sharpen your skills and ministerial competencies through this position.
- Describe how you hope to use your theological education upon graduation.
- Email the document as an attachment to [email protected].
Criteria for Award Distribution:
- Applicants must be accepted into a master's degree program.
- Selection of award recipients is based on the strength of the assistantship application and the formal interview.
- Award recipients receive a financial package valued between $17,000 and $20,000 per year. The package has three components:
- A tuition scholarship ranging from 50% to 100% for the academic terms
- A work award in the amount of $6,800 per academic year
- An allowance of $3,200 per academic year for Room and Board
- The work award is earned on an hourly basis and the room & board allowance is a monthly stipend; both are processed through student payroll with options for payments to be deposited into a personal bank account or applied to the student's account.
- Award packages can be renewed for up to three years pending satisfactory progress toward completion of the degree requirements and enrollment in consecutive academic terms of full time study.
- Appointments are 20 hours per week, August - May.
Graduate Assistantships: Fr. Ian Dommer, OSB, [email protected], 320-363-2790
Graduate Admissions: Andy Dirksen, [email protected], 320-363-2896